London

Assalamualaikum and peace yalss!

I know....I haven't updated my blog (my other social medias as well) since forever, it just that I don't feel like it. Anyway, just wanted to share with you my happy news (la sangat).

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I had received my offer letter for my postgraduate studies in St Mary's University, London. After all the I-think-I-might-have-to-do-it-in-Malaysia drama, they sent us the offer just in the nick of the time. It was after my second last paper like 2000 years ago teehee kidding on 19th May I guess soooo another year in the UK yay mee.......

So last week, we were inducted by the St Mary's people for a look around the uni, it was so much fun except for the typical London commutation. It has been over a year since I went to London. The thought of how citified London is scared me. The underground, overground and stuffs, my greatest fear maybe. My motion sickness may be getting worse at least for a year. The worst part is, the journey took us over 3 hours and I had lost all of my lunch thanks to the motion sickness. To puke in a train is not a good idea people, just think about it. 

Anyway, we were so fortunate to think thoroughly about this journey that we decided to go the day before the induction so that we can stay over for a night and getting familiar with the London's vibe. And that just make me love Birmingham even more. Anyway, I have this feeling that Birmingham is slowly dejecting me and that scares me so much because I kinda need to stay for graduation and it just so awkward to cling to something that doesn't want you....I am getting emotional nowadays.

Actually I think I need to state a point or even points to what I will be doing in London because people do ask a lot and they will always ask even when I already had told them. No no don't get me wrong, I enjoy answering questions but it just get so complicated for me. At first, I thought it was just some basic thing that requires me to teach UK student but actually it is more than that. It is a postgraduate studies in education, so I have to juggle between teaching and thesis (essays). My essays will basically be about my teaching methods, skills etc. I think I better put it this way; well you study Masters degree in say Biology, and for you to compile your report, you have to go to the lab and do the thing that you gotta do. So that is basically what I will be doing phewhhh.

Of course I had to seek for advices from someone who had gone through this. They said it is worth it, well maybe because they are all done with their courses I don't know but it is gonna be hard, they warned me. To commute is the worst part. I am hoping that to where ever Allah gonna put me in, it is just to make me stronger and bolder. I cant wait to share my PGCE experience with you guys until then, toodles!

Ramadhan Kareem!