Moving forward

Assalamualaikum.

It has been quite a demotivating week for me, last week and I have 11 days of outstanding gratitude log on my calcium-deficient shoulder. But you know, the thought of waking up everyday just to be thankful for everything needs a large amount of F=ma (that’s me trying to be savvy. Mehh. Major failure). Just because Allah knows how hard it is to be thankful for ‘petty’ things that occurred mostly on the daily basis, He promises us to give more when we are thankful. Such a great reward, innit?

Anyway, as I have been doing the gratitude challenge for 30 days now (I just didn’t blog the other 11 days, for a reason), it does really change my mindset everyday. I am not gonna lie, I do need to take a step back and cry and rant over things but that doesn’t in any way mean I am not grateful with my life. Well, one thing I noticed that, the far-reaching impact of doing this is that I don’t complain as much as I did before. I do complain and sometimes I just can’t help it but the next day I will always make sure that I’ll become a better person in one way or another. Sometimes I don’t have time to complain, because I was thinking of what more can I be grateful for. As the matter of fact, I don’t think I need to blog it every day because I do keep my daily log offline.

That was me explaining why didn’t I blog another 11 days of gratitude log.

On the other hand, I think one of the greatest blessings that I have is (as we are speaking) my students. I know I couldn’t even stand on my own two feet if it wasn’t because of them. Because they keep me moving forward and I am forcing myself to move forward, for them. I have always been looking forward to meet them every single day and that is why I’m surviving I guess.

I know that we should always cherish and living the moment to be happy but for me, sometimes looking forward to something also makes me happy. There is no harm in determining how you’d view your happiness, because nobody stays the same. As far as I am concerned, don’t just do things that make you happy, instead do things that both can make you happy and move you forward. It sucks isn’t to stuck at the same place everyday? Why not be a better person?